The content of this website is the sole property of the Prof. Dr. Tiago Outeiro, and all intellectual property rights existing in this site (including but not exclusively any copyright and design rights) belong exclusively to Prof. Dr. Tiago Outeiro.
The statement of copyright ownership must remain on all reproductions of material downloaded from this site. The website and the Prion 2023 logo device are the sole property of the Prof. Dr. Tiago Outeiro.
Any information acquired by Prof. Dr. Tiago Outeiro through your use of this website will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).(1)
Data Protection Notice
Prof. Dr. TIago Outeiro is responsible for how your personal data (2) is stored and processed and for what purposes. Prof. Dr. TIago Outeiro is responsible for the data they gather from their members.
What data & how it is collected
In order to provide you with access to the Prion 2023 and its associated events, we require certain personal details about you. This may include your name, postal address, gender, telephone number, email address and your national / single discipline society membership number.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Via online forms;
- When you register to the Prion 2023;
- When you take part in surveys or questionnaires;
- When you apply to take part in outreach events or any other activities related to Prion 2023;
- When you sign up to receive our Alerts or Newsletter;
- When you subscribe to any app related to Prion 2023.
Why your personal data is processed
Prof. Dr. TIago Outeiro collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer membership records;
- To provide member benefits and services;
- To answer your enquiries;
- To keep you updated on relevant activities and news;
- To carry out the administration related to your attendance of Prion 2023 and associated events;
- To administer stipend applications;
- To process your scientific participation applications.
With whom your data is shared
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only as set out in this section.
- We use trusted third-party providers to support our management of your data and to contact you for the purposes outlined in the previous section. We have verified that all of these third parties act in compliance with the GDPR and ensure that we only share the data necessary for the task.
- Your personal data may be shared with members of the the organizing committee of future Prion meetings, or with people involved in Prion 2023 organisation, in order to meet our commitments to set up and run Prion 2023 and its associated events.
How long do we keep your personal data for
Our data management policy(3) sets out the period of time we keep your data. Your data will be kept by Prof. Dr. Tiago Outeiro for a period of up to four years after Prion 2023.
If you have any questions about Prion 2023 data management policy or wish to be removed from the database, you can contact the congress(at)prion2023.org at any time.
Your legal rights
Your privacy is very important to us, which is why we make sure you are always in control of what we do with your personal information.
Prof. Dr. TIago OUteiro complies with the obligations under GDPR by:
- Keeping your personal data up to date and correcting inaccuracies as requested;
- Storing and destroying it securely;
- Protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure;
- Ensuring that appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to protect personal data.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you by email (EMAIL; ‘subject access request’);
- The ability to change any details we hold about you if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date (‘the right to rectification’);
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Prion 2023 to retain such data (‘the right to be forgotten’);
- If the processing in question is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that Prof. Dr. Tiago Outeiro, where possible, transmits your data directly to another data controller (‘the right to data portability’);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing;
- Where processing is based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing of personal data.
Photography and filming
Photography, audio and video recordings may be produced during Prion 2023 or its affiliated activities and may be used to generate online and printed news, promotional materials and publications .
Persons participating in Prion 2023 or its affiliated activities who do not wish for their image or recording to be used for any of the aforementioned purposes should inform the congress(at)prion2023.org organizing committee.
Prof. Dr. Tiago Outeiro or staff involved in the organization of Prion 2023 will always request permission from speakers participating in Prion 2023 or any associated activity before recording presentations by video for any of the purposes listed above. Pictures will be taken and shared online only with the speakers’ permission.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, please contact Prof. Dr. TIago Outeiro touteiro(at)gmail.com or the Prion 2023 organizing committee.
(1) Regulation (EU) 2016/679 – on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
(2) Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data.
(3) Following the data retention period, minimal identifying information (name, ORCID ID, date of participation) will be stored in a centralised internal reference document accessible only for Prof. Dr. Tiago Outeiro for the purpose of processing future activities.